I looked through some online recipes and a cookbook to find a dry rub recipe for country style ribs.
I wound up not using much rub, and I didn’t really like how much fat there is on country style pork ribs so I probably won’t get them again.
BUT I was told by a couple people that the pork turned out very well and one of the pickiest eaters I feed said it was some of the best pork I’d ever cooked.
So, here’s the recipe for the spice rub I used:
Pork Roast Spice Rub
- 1/4 cup paprika (regular paprika, and 1/4 cup is same as 4 Tablespoons)
- 3 Tablespoons granulated garlic
- 3 Tablespoons celery salt
- 3 Tablespoons chili powder
- 3 Tablespoons dark brown sugar (packed)
- 2 Tablespoons cumin seed (Pendery’s cumin seed is far better and far tastier than what I get in the grocery store, in my opinion)
- 1 Tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 Tablespoon white pepper
Mix in a bowl, sprinkle as desired on pork prior to cooking it.