Some interesting links about tea from the past week:
From The Daily Tea:
- Recipe for some really delicious-looking chai cakes. I may have to try this next.
- An article based on a BBC news story about chai tea in India. Interesting thing I learned is that northern Indian chai is heavily spiced with ginger.
- An article about tea plantations in North America. I had read years ago that tea could be grown in parts of North America, but it wasn’t really good tea. This article says differently, so that is interesting to know. Full subscription needed to read entire article, but summary available for non-subscribers.
From Tea For Me Please:
- Some commentary on Tumblr as a way to build brand recognition. I still don’t fully understand what each social media platform is used for, so it was very interesting to read the author’s comments on Tumblr. Tumblr is for pictures, connecting to customers, establishing a brand, etc. It’s not driving sales, and it’s not very wordy.
- A review of Le Palais des Thes Cinnamon Black Tea. A pu-erh tea flavored with cinnamon essence. Sounds quite interesting.
- A post about whether tea can be grown in the U.S. The answer is yes. There is now a United States League of Tea Growers. I looked at their blog, a lot of interesting maps and information there.