A couple of days ago I posted a recipe for a hummus made with red lentils. This is a slightly different type of hummus, made with black-eyed peas & other ingredients. I like my red lentil hummus more than this one, but my mom likes this black-eyed pea hummus more.
This is adapted from the recipe “Hillbilly Hummus” in Bean by Bean by Crescent Dragonwagon.
Black-eyed pea hummus
- 2 cups well-cooked black-eyed peas
- 3 Tbsp or more natural/organic peanut butter (the type that is made only from peanuts and a little bit of salt)
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and tough ends cut off
- 1/2 tsp dried sage or 1 leaf fresh sage, finely diced
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp or more apple cider vinegar
Put all ingredients into a food processor & process until smooth. Taste to see if you want to add more vinegar or peanut butter. Can be refrigerated.