For the Butterscotch Sauce:
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1/2 vanilla bean, split [I used vanilla extract]
- 2 to 4 tablespoons good quality Scotch (depending on your taste)
- 1 teaspoon salt [I omitted this]
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, heated
I didn’t even look at the directions, I just cooked the sugar and butter over medium heat until it was thick and bubbly and the sugar had all melted. I took it off the heat, and poured in the rest one at a time while still stirring. I then let it cool a bit before putting it on ice cream.