I am trying to figure out how to do two things:
- I want to be able to create a web page with frames. Specifically, it will have a small column on the right with links to a bunch of other pages, and when I click on those links, the large column on the left will display that other page.
- I want this web page to be at least MARGINALLY compliant with XHMTL.
Here is a list of sites I have found so far that have been useful:
- The index page for W3schools.com, which is a really awesome web page with all types of web tutorials.
- The W3schools page discussing frame tags, and the W3schools page discussing how to make sure your XHTML page can be checked for validation.
- A frames tutorial on htmlcodetutorial.com, a site which I have checked out before but which looks like it could be quite useful.
- The XHTML page on Wikipedia, which mentions frames in XHTML, among other things.
UPDATE-09/14/07. Wheee!!!! I got it to work!! Still a lot of work to do on it yet, like add backgrounds to the different frames, check it for xhtml compliance, etc., but it seems to work!!! yay!! I’ll post the link later, but for now I’ll just say I wanted to put together a page where I could view all my favorite web comics without opening a bazillion windows.